As a volunteer of The Gabby Krause Foundation (the organization), I have an obligation to the organization and the constituencies it serves to comply with the highest standards of ethical conduct. I will not commit acts contrary to those standards, and I will promptly report to appropriate organization representatives any such acts by others within the organization. I understand that my responsibilities include the following:
Ethics and Legal Assurance:
- I will at all times: (a) perform my duties in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and organization policies and standards; (b) promote the attainment of the organization’s legitimate and ethical objectives; and (c) represent the interests of all constituencies served by the organization and not favor special interests inside or outside the organization in connection with organization business.
- I will refrain from: (a) violating any criminal or civil law or regulation, the violation of which may reflect poorly on the organization; and/or (b) engaging in or supporting any activity that would discredit the organization.
Conflict of Interest:
- I will either avoid, or will promptly disclose and recuse myself from any decisions involving, any activity or practice which conflicts with, or can be perceived as conflicting with, the interests of the organization, including but not limited to situations where I, or a relative, friend or business acquaintance of mine, proposes to provide goods or services to the organization for consideration.
- I will refrain from using organization property or resources for personal profit or advantage, or for any purpose not related to the activities of the organization.
- I will refuse any personal gifts, loans, favors or other consideration of more than nominal value from any organization vendor, sponsor or other outside party that would influence, or could be perceived as influencing, my actions or the actions of others.
- During my involvement with the organization and thereafter, I will maintain the confidentiality of any information regarding the organization, The Gabby Krause Foundation children and their families, donors and volunteers that has not been released publicly, unless legally obligated to do otherwise.
- I will refrain from using or appearing to use confidential information acquired in the course of my service for unethical or illegal advantage, either personally or through third parties.