The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for The Gabby Krause Foundation and engage in activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
- RELEASE AND WAIVER: Volunteer, for him/herself and his or her legal representatives, spouse, heirs and assigns, does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless The Gabby Krause Foundation and its officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, insurers and representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer’s Activities with The Gabby Krause Foundation. Volunteer understands that this Release discharges The Gabby Krause Foundation from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against The Gabby Krause Foundation with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer’s Activities with The Gabby Krause Foundation, whether caused by the negligence of The Gabby Krause Foundation or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer covenants not to bring any action against The Gabby Krause Foundation for any such injury or damage. Volunteer also understands that The Gabby Krause Foundation does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial or other assistance including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
- MEDICAL TREATMENT: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharges The Gabby Krause Foundation from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with The Gabby Krause Foundation. Volunteer authorizes The Gabby Krause Foundation to act, in its best judgment, on Volunteer’s behalf in case of an emergency.
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK: The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, event setup and cleanup, loading and unloading supplies, interacting with clients and providing clerical support in The Gabby Krause Foundation offices. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases The Gabby Krause Foundation from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
- VOLUNTARY SERVICE: Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. Volunteer agrees to advise The Gabby Krause Foundation of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
- INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that The Gabby Krause Foundation does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
- OTHER: Volunteer expressly agrees that the Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by local, state and federal laws, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with all local, state and federal laws. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which will continue to be enforceable. Volunteer represents that he/she is 18 years of age or older.
- PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto The Gabby Krause Foundation all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by The Gabby Krause Foundation during the Volunteer’s Activities with The Gabby Krause Foundation, including, but not limited to, any donations, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.