In early March, hospitals closed playrooms for children and families inpatient. Bags of Fun’s mission to bring joy, laughter and relief to every child fighting a life-threatening disease or condition suddenly became more necessary than ever before. The following has been our response to provide rehabilitative play to children and families when their hearts and minds need it most.
- Over 675 new toys provided to hospitals in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Over 230 Bags of Fun delivered to children newly diagnosed with life-threatening, life-limiting conditions.
- Over 15 Sibling Bags delivered to help keep the entire family distracted.
- Deliveries transitioned from face to face hospital deliveries to specialized drop zones at each hospital.
- COVID-19 compliant home deliveries now available for homebound patients.
- Responding to Bag requests from hospitals on a daily basis, compared to weekly basis prior to COVID-19.
- Bags of Fun Kansas City delivers lunch to Child Life Specialists.
- Bags of Fun Colorado supports local elementary school with food boxes.
“The COVID-19 crisis is causing immense fear and anxiety particularly for hospitalized children and their families. The provision of age appropriate arts, crafts, toys and therapeutic play materials allows children to still use play and express themselves and work through some of the psychological impact that they are experiencing.” Erika, Denver Health
How can you stay involved during covid-19?
- Please be sure to check out what is happening with bags of fun in colorado, kansas, missouri and nebraska.
- Stay connected with local hospitals that continue to diagnose and treat children and families faced with challenging diseases and conditions.
- Continue to support bags of fun financially. Donate here
- Does your company match donations? Check on the link below!